Age isn't always a factor in your success or failure. Consider these
- Doe Counsilman swam the English Channel at age 58.
- Edmund Hoyle, the writer of rules for many popular games was
70 years old when he started to compile his According to Hoyle
- Grandma Moses started painting after arthritis ended her
embroidery career when she was 80. In fact, more than 300 of
her 1,500 paintings were completed after she turned 100.
- President Ronald Reagan entered the political arena when he was
55 years old.
- Julia Child did not cook her first meal until she was almost 40 and
did not start her long-running television show until she was 50.
- Colonel Harlan Sanders did not start Kentucky Fried Chicken until
he was 66. He used his first social security check to fund it.
- Laura Ingels Wilder, author of the classic Little House of the
Prairie, published her first book when she was 65.
- Michelangelo was 71 when he painted the Sistine Chapel.
- Albert Schweitzer, physician and humanitarian, was still
performing operations at 89.
Use this inspiring story for workshops, training sessions, staff meetings,
personal development, or conference regarding:
Inspirational stories are great to illustrate many
points in workshops, coaching sessions, or during
personal reflection. To see more inspiration, click
©2016 Max Impact, Rochester Hills, Michigan, USA